Red. Green. Yellow. Stop. Go. Slow down. You could compare my life to a traffic light. Lately it's been on yellow with some construction zones thrown in. For a short time it was on green and I was on a fast track to a brick wall. Then it happened. My life hit LA traffic on a Friday afternoon and there was no way around it except to face my sad reality and take it one painful mile at a time.
I had grown tired of the distractions and the unsolicited advice. I started to see through the people around me and felt more and more disappointed. It was partly my own responsibility because I enabled it to happen. I had trusted more than I should have. Shame on me. So up went my ten foot wall again except this time it had grown ten feet thicker.
Now here I am feeling alone. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised. I've been through a lot of things alone in my life and am no stranger to seeing people come and go. But it's time to make a change. I know the road ahead will require me to do some heavy soul searching and it will definitely take time. Is it worth the risk to find some good people in the world? I sure hope so...
No comments:
Post a Comment